My Story
Where I first publicly asked Jesus into my heart, was at a Heaven’s Gates and Hell’s Flames program. When they had the alter call, my mother asked me if I wanted to go up and ask Jesus into my heart. I said yes and we went up and I asked Jesus into my heart. I was only five at the time.
I was raised in a Christ centered home and was taught out of the Bible all of the time. I was also home schooled, which helped a lot also. My mother taught my sister and I out of Christ centered curriculums and Bible story books and the Bible itself.
I am NOT perfect. I am far from perfect. However I am learning all the time how to become more like my LORD every day. It isn’t easy, it’s rarely easy, but it’s worth it.
That first time that I went up to the alter hasn’t been the last time either. I have gone up to the alter for “fuel ups” and to pour my heart out to God and to encourage others to come up to the alter before God. It’s always good to go up, even if you are saved.
My parents have always taught me to keep my heart pure before God, to keep my heart clean for him. Nothing can be more important than Him. Not boyfriends, not games, not TV, not horses, not myself. I don’t date, that would be a waist of God’s time. I don’t have boyfriends; that would be giving my heart to someone else for a limited time and not to God full time. If God has a husband for me, He will bring us together. I don’t need to date a bunch of other guys to try and find the right one (Ruth didn’t date to get Boaz in the Bible); that could blow up in my face. God has a plan, He will supply for all my needs. Dating, boyfriends and a husband are not any of my needs at the present. Dating and boyfriends are for self pleasure, husbands are His Will.
My greatest desire is to teach other girls how to keep themselves pure for God; how to clean their hearts and spend their time for His Glory; to feast on His genuine love and affection rather than feast on the temporary affection of others. Boyfriends and such are not going to fill the longing and desire and loneliness in their hearts, only God can. That is my great desire and I feel part of my calling is to teach young girls about His Love. They may not feel like God is calling them to stop dating and such, but God has told me to tell them, as many as I can and all for His Glory.
I am now sixteen and I have not had a boyfriend or gone on a date with a young man ever and I intend to stay that way (God’s way for me) even if I become an old maid!
That is MY STORY (so far).
By Sweetpea
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment