Concerning yelling…
“No, wait…that is not the way it goes. You need to do it this way.”
“Well, you don’t have to yell at me about it.”
“????I’m not yelling at you…”
“Stop yelling at me”
“I am not yelling at you.”
“Yes you are!”
“I am not. How can I be yelling at you when I am not even raising my voice?”
“You’re yelling at me again…”
“I am not. Look I am whispering.”
“You are still yelling at me. I am not going to listen till you stop yelling at me.”
“THIS IS YELLING AT YOU!!!!”
“Ow! That was my ear!”
“That was me yelling. Now I am speaking softly. Am I yelling now?”
Long pause….
“Yes…you are.”
Concerning music
“That song is SO weird.”
“No it’s not.”
“Yes it is. The lady singing clearly had a plot for world domination.”
“No she didn’t. The writer would have had the plot.”
“You know what I am talking about! Anyway, its unnatural to tell your love to ‘go across the sea’ and ‘don’t look back’…I’m telling you, she had another dude she was in love with.”
“No…the song is about the country…IRELAND….”
Slight pause
“Okay…that is even more weird…”
“No its not.”
“You tell me of a time when a country told one of her men to ‘go across the sea’ and ‘don’t look back’…down right unnatural I tell you! The country was gonna be leaning on the should of some other good looking fella…”
“Baloney. How can a country do that?”
“Well, you tell me why a country would tell a guy to go away and smile about it.”
“A Country wouldn’t. Country’s can’t talk! Its just the writer that wrote the song.”
“Therefore the reason why the song is so down right unnatural. See, I knew we would come to agreement at some point.”
Pat on shoulder
“Baloney. It’s still a good song.”
“No its not!!”
And the cycle goes again…
Concerning rules
“Hey, there is some old paint in that shed over there. Lets go get it out and have some fun!”
“NO, mommy said that we can’t go over there to that shed.”
“She didn’t say that we couldn’t go over there to the shed. She just said not to go past the shed.”
“Point being: she didn’t want us to go by the shed.”
“Well, actually, she said not to go into the shed. I won’t go into it. I will just reach in and get the paint. No harm done.”
“I don’t know. I don’t think that’s right.”
“She’ll never know! Come on lets go!”
walking toward shed
“I don’t think that this is a good idea. If you get the paint out I’ll go tell mommy.”
“Go ahead.”
Pause
“I don’t want to! I still don’t think that this is a good idea. Lets go do something else.”
“This will only be for a minute.”
“I don’t know…”
“I got the paint…let me see your knife and I’ll open the can.”
Hands knife over
“I don’t think this is a good idea. You really shouldn’t be doing this.”
“There, got it open. EW! Its like all gooey and nasty!”
*GASP* “YOU PUT YOUR HAND IN IT?!?!?!?!?”
“Yeah, sure. You try.”
“I don’t think this is a good idea. What if it doesn’t come off?”
“That’s silly! Of course it will come off! We can wipe it on this tree here then go wash our hands at the water faucet.”
“EW! That is so gross feeling!”
“Here! Lets do hand prints on the shed! Look! See how awesome that looks?”
“That is cool, but Kathryn, I don’t know if we should be doing this. What if we get caught?”
“We won’t get caught. But if we do, we’ll say Cloy did it.”
“I still don’t know about this…hey look…I made a smiley face.”
“There’s another can of paint in there still. Lets get it out too!”
Later in the day both persons in question are crying after punishment
“And you said we wouldn’t get caught. That’s the last time I’ll believe that!”
“I didn’t know that she would connect the hand prints to us!”
Concerning horses
“I get to ride first.”
“No, I want to ride first!”
“You always fall off. You can ride with me.”
“I wish we had two ponies! Then we wouldn’t have to share! I could have a halapino and you could have Lacey”
“No, I could have a black pony and you could have Lacey. Lacey is almost palamino. And by the way, its PALAMINO not HALAPINO.”
“That’s what I said: halapino. And Lacey is NOT almost halapino. She is red and does not have a white mane and tail. She does NOT look like Trigger.”
“Its not HALAPINO. Its palamino…say it: palamino.”
“Halapino”
"No, its PALamino.”
“But daddy said that its HALAPINO.”
“And mommy says that daddy is silly.”
“Well I will just say it the way I want to say it.”
“Psh! Fine.”
“And you can have Lacey, I’ll take the halapino.”
“I don’t want Lacey! All she thinks about in her brain is the stupid feed can.”
“Well, I don’t want her either.”
“Well, FINE! I will just tell daddy to get rid of her.”
“NOOOOO! I don’t want to sell her! I’ll be really mad at you if you go do that.”
“Then you take Lacey.”
Pause
“We’ll both have Lacey.”
Pause
“Okay…fine. Now that we have come to that agreement, since I am the oldest I get to ride FIRST…”
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment