Hi! Sweetpea here!
I have been studying a book called: LEARN TO WRITE THE NOVEL WAY by Carole Thraxton. It teaches you how to produce your own novel and makes you practice all writing skills. You also can earn one full English composition credit doing this book.
So far I have really enjoyed it. It has been fun and has made me really get to know my character (in my book) and has shown me a lot of things about writing and has given me a lot of good ideas for my book that I am writing.
It was a little slow to begin with because it started out trying to help you find out what kind of book you want to write, you’re character that you want in you’re book, and to help you get started writing. Well, it was slow for me anyway, because I have already picked out what book I am going to write and I have already started writing it (and it is coming along well, but I do wish that it would be coming along faster, but doesn’t every author wish that?). Anyway, the “Ginny pigs” that are reading my chapters as I get them printed are saying that they really like them and they are going to disown me if I keep leaving them in stressful suspense. I will just take that as that they like it. Anyway.
This guide is really helping me get along good as I write my book and I would recommend this book to anyone who would like to write a novel (teens mostly. It is for grades 5-12, but I don’t see why an adult can’t do it too). It is very easy to do, very self explanatory.
I would also like to recommend another book called: HOW TO WRITE A BOOK IN FORTY DAYS AND GET IT PUBLISHED! By David Melton. A no-nonsense, do-it-now, do-it-well, approach to writing and selling you’re first book.
It may sound crazy, but if someone has a lot of time on their hands, they could defiantly write their book in forty days (I thought that I was going to make it, but now I don’t think that I am. Bummer). It only like takes a couple of hours to read this guide, and it is also for beginning writers (adults mostly), but it doesn’t give you any English credits and doesn’t teach you how to write really good, So I recommend both books.
LEARN TO WRITE THE NOVEL WAY is going to take a person a while to get through, but I am sure that it would be well worth it. Also, it gives a Christian perspective to writing, which is very, very good. It defiantly brought up some issues in my book that I hadn’t thought about.
HOW TO WRITE A BOOK IN FORTY DAYS is fast and gets you on the ball! Makes you exited! It really motivates you! However, it doesn’t have a Christian perspective and doesn’t make you think very much.
Anyway, I figured that I would post this and recommend these two books for anyone who wants to write!
I am sure that you can find these books on Amazon. You can find just about anything on Amazon. Anyway.
Have a great day (or night or afternoon as the case may be)!
Sweetpea
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment