Monday, May 25, 2009

A riddle, An update, a word, a bore...nothing more

Here I sit drinking my cold Raspberry apple zinger tea, listening to the children watching Spirit: stallion of the Cimarron, listening to my Celtic music and typing this out for you.
I realize that I am overdue for a riddle so I guess I should give you one whilst I am here.
Hmmmm…lets see…something a little harder than the ones that I have been giving you would be best…Hmmmm… Ok, here we go:

No- legs lay on one leg,
two- legs sat near on three- legs,
four- legs got some.


Now, you kind of have to stop and think about this one for a moment. Ok, just think about it for a moment and it should come to ya. Like always, I am most happy to give a hint, however, I will not give ye a hint lest ye try and solve the riddle!!! If you know the answer go ahead and put it on, just don’t say that it is the answer. Otherwise just try guessing. Guessing doesn’t hurt because you’ll think and think about it then sigh and put a guess on, then soon as you turn off the computer it will come to ya. Trust me. Well, maybe not for all of you…Oh anyway.
Now, what is going on in my life? Yard work, yard work, more yard work and- yup! You guessed it!- more yard work. The parents are working us all to the bone! We had a tree taken down, and therefore we have many branches to clean up besides the branches that needed to be cleaned up years ago. Also in the process, we have found that we need a new wheel burrow and wagons. The burrow is about to give up on us and the wagons need new tires, but they have a funny tire size that you can’t buy anywhere. (the stupid things that companies pull off on us unsuspecting folk to get more money I’ll tell ya…)
So anyway, it has been interesting around here.
We did get to go to the zoo the other day though! That was fun! I got some really great pictures of the animals. I shall have to post some of them on sometime. I also got some cool shots of some of our friends that went with us. They were posing for me so that I can crop them out and put them in a picture with a dragon which I have already done with quite a few. They look amazing! They would look even better if they had on medieval dresses, but that will have to do for another time. I don’t just put them with dragons though- I can put them in Narnia with Aslan or some beautiful location in Middle Earth.
I have far too much fun with computer art stuff.
Anyway, what is coming up though is really exciting- for me. I get to go to a sort of summer camp! It is so totally way too exciting! I am still in the process of packing, but I have got the major stuff pack. So that’s good. It will be a week long and it is not just fun. It sounds like I am going to be learning a lot of stuff while I am there…that is what I hope for as well. That is one reason that I really wanna go to this: to see if I do learn something. Anyway, I have been warned to be ready for a mini boot camp instead of fun camp. So that sounds promising. Also, this will be my first time ever getting to go to a ‘summer’ camp! That is the reason that I am so excited. Neat. Oh whatever. Anywhoo.
My only concern is that my parents are going to continue to crack the whip over me until I am worked into the dust and I shan’t be able to enjoy my wee little self at this ‘mini boot camp’, but only be exhausted…not likely, but ya never know. I have enough energy around here for everyone but my brothers…a tornado wouldn’t have enough energy for them…anyway. We are also going to get new neighbors too! It is not just an older couple either; they are younger and have exciting creatures closer to sis and my age…children. A girl and a boy the girl being the oldest. She happens to like horses (good girl!) and that is kind of how we got to know them. We let them borrow two of ours as a trial. They are considering buying one of them. How exciting. They also want some cats. Poor people; they have no idea what they are asking for…sigh…oh well.
Anyway, that is the sort of excitement going on around here.
So, I hope that you are able to solve the riddle and I will probably get back on here after camp which is in a week. Not likely before. So I’ll update you whenever I get back on here. Please pray that camp go smoothly and that all stay safe and that many learn to grow in the LORD and that many come to know the LORD. Thanks!
Till then ye brave folk!
Shieldmaiden
P.S.
Also, what is really exciting for me is this: My mom wanted a friend of hers to do the editing on my book and give me pointers for self editing because:
she is really good at her grammar and stuff like that.
She does not like SIFI or Fantasy.
So, I know what you are probably thinking: “But your book is fantasy…why have somebody that doesn’t like that sort of stuff check your book for you?”
The answer: so that she can give it a heart check and make sure that it stays on track with God.
Anyway, the thing is that she has never read this sort of stuff before. She hasn’t read Narnia or LOTR or anything- till now. Heheheheheh! She likes it…She likes it… SHE LIKES IT!!!! OH boy I could just scream! She doesn’t just like it- she really likes it! She says that it is really good! I did all sorts of jumps and cartwheels and flips when I heard that she REALLY liked it….well, maybe not all that (I can’t do flips) but I did do a vigorous dance of joy and began to practice drum measures on the tree stump with more vigor than before. It was great. Then I had to call my friend and tell her. She wasn’t as excited, but that didn’t matter. I didn’t expect her to be excited like I was. I just had to share the news with her before I would explode with the joy.
Oh anyway. I will go now. So- long, Fare thee well…till we next meet. (Hehehe! She liked it!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some fun things are happening at your house! :) New neighbors? Cool!
I would still love to read your book sometime. What are SIFI and LOTR?
Oh, and I can't wait to see our medieval pictures. :)
Christin

Anonymous said...

no leg on one leg (?)
two legs sat near on three legs (man on a three legged stool)
four legs got some (cat, dog got scraps?)
granny J

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I forgot about the riddle. I have absolutely no clue. I don't even understand what it is saying at all. That tells you how brilliant I am when it comes to riddles... :) I tried thinking about it, but it didn't come.

Christin

Shieldmaiden said...

Christin,
Hehe..think of super at a caffe when you think of the riddle.
SIFI stands for Science Fiction and LOTR stands for Lord of the Rings...