Friday, November 27, 2009

Typical questions of the family

Just say that my family watched a dog put his nose on a hotwire fence and get zapped with a loud pop then run off with a yelp of pain. These are the questions that certain members of my family would ask.

MOM: What happened?
C.I.: I wonder what was in the electricity to make the dog ylep like that?
K.R.: Why did the puppy run away and yelp?
L.E.: Why did the dog yelp when he got zapped?
ME or SIS: Stupid dog! What did you do that for?

Then my (slightly) brilliant answer to the above questions:
To MOM: *crickets and silence*
To C.I.: "...electricity..."
To K.R.: "Well why don't you go up to the wire and find out?" (at that point she would be blond enough to go put her hand on the wire while at the same time telling me that it would zap her.)
To L.E.: "You just answered your own questions."
To ME or SIS: "Because...the dog IS stupid..."

And I am sure that this would probably be running through the dog's head: "Shazam! What was that? Why did I put my nose on it?? And what are those humans staring at???"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Very amusing post. I can picture each of your siblings saying those very things. I miss you!
Christin

Anonymous said...

Heehee