Thursday, December 10, 2009

Change

Does it seem like it takes forever for change to come, but when it does it suddenly leaps upon you in a flash and in a stroke of reality you realize that it has come? This has happened to me on more than one occasion, but at the same time it has happened only a few times, not even a handful, and now I find that it has happened yet again: The years have flown by, things have changed, people have changed, my life has changed and I have changed. The funny thing is that I know things are changing. Things are changing all the time, just I hardly notice it until it is almost finished.
Take me and my life for instance: It had not really hit me that I am 18 until just recently. It seems like all my friends are leaving: going to collage, going to a distant country, are in courtship, or something of the sort, and yet, I have yet to realize that I too am leaving.
I have finally graduated: a day that I thought would never come and now I am preparing to leave everything and everyone I know and go to an internship for three months to a place that seems so far away.
It also as hit me that I am no longer a child.
Well now you’re probably thinking “Well gosh, I would have thought that should have hit you a long time ago.” The truth is that I have been childish for years, and in a way I will always be a child because I never want to grow out of that fun loving, simple and humble stage, but what has hit me is that I am considered an adult now and my maturity mentally, physically and spiritually has grown by leaps and bounds since I was 16 years old and I never realized it.
Now I am sitting here thinking “What happened to 17?!? Where did it go? I totally missed it!!!” But yet I have spent my complete 17th year in life learning to grow more into a godly woman.
I still have lots to grow! In fact we as humans never stop growing and learning, but now I have realized that I grew and learned a lot this year and I didn’t realize it.
Now I am a graduated woman who is going to be setting off into the freaky world to learn more for what God has in store for her and to prepare for what lies ahead of her.
I am now a soldier getting ready to plunge into battle.
Maybe this all seems to be overrated sentiment to you, but it is very real and even frightening to me. I guess the real point of this message to you is to explain what I am going to be doing now that I am graduated.
I will on an internship January 8th to March 13th teaching children in schools across the city about godly character and will be fighting to bring precious souls to Christ. I will also be learning so much during this time no doubt and I will probably be changing into more of that godly woman that God has planned as well as learning how to use my spiritual weapons so that I can use them effectively for God when I get home.
Maybe I am making too big a deal out of this, but the thing is that this is a big deal to me. This is a big step in my life and I know that when I come back from this, I will be different and everything around me will be different.
The world is also about to go through big changes this coming year and we all need to be ready for those big changes.
Pray for me as I finish up one saga of my life and prepare to enter into another and pray that I will be a useful tool for God’s glory.
I thank you for your prayers and support.
Love you all,
Shieldmaiden

3 comments:

JMHein said...

Ya I hear you on that! I kind of feel like I have been riding a snail for most of my life and then all of a sudden here comes a freight train and snags me and I am being flung around on the end of a poll on the out out side of our of the cars....

and every time it rounds a corner it flings me way out...

But hey it is an adventure and I am learning to enjoy it!
Esp. since I know God is holding the end of the poll...

Anonymous said...

Even though I haven't reached the graduation point yet, I know what you mean. Things go as usual and then..Wow. Something happens and throws you a loop or two.
I will be praying for you as go out and do work for the Lord, and others.

Anonymous said...

With the Love of the Lord you shall never be alone, Your body is his temple so you carry home with you, but if you ever need to talk about anything or nothing just give old Granny a Call. Love ya Kiddo I am so proud of the beautiful woman that you have become, continue to let the Lords light shine.