Dear To-Whom-This-May-Concern
God has opened for me this winter a very exciting and wonderful opportunity to minister to children in Oklahoma City. I have been accepted by Character First! Education (CF!E) to intern in their elementary school Character Coach ministry. I will be trained how to communicate the truth in public schools and also how to evangelize and disciple children in after- school Bible clubs.
I will receive six days of training starting January 8th plus on going weekly training. I will be working with other Character Coaches, teaching character to children in public elementary school and in after- school Bible clubs across Oklahoma City.
Teaching in school consists of visiting six to eight classrooms each day and doing a thirty minute character lesson for the children. There are also opportunities throughout the day to interact with the children on the playground, cafeteria, gym, and in the halls. I will be going to five schools weekly during my ten week stay in Oklahoma City. Tuesday to Thursday I will be teaching in three after school Bible clubs that are sponsored by a local Christian ministry.
I have been praying, and I am considering, upon my return from this ministry, to start a similar mission project in my hometown and other surrounding areas using what I will have learned from this great experience.
This winter, as a short term missionary, I need to raise $750 to help cover my training, materials, transportation, food, and housing while I am in Oklahoma City.
I will also be in need of your prayers. Will you be my prayer partner this winter as I minister to the children, receive training and raise funds for this ministry opportunity? Please pray that God would prepare my heart so that His love and life would flow through me abundantly, and that I would be pure salt and light and completely effective for His glory. Please also pray for the children to be receptive of the gospel and that they would come to know the Lord in a more personal way. Also pray that I will be able to use these principals to reach out to the children in my community.
If you would like to invest financially, please send your gift to:
Character First! Education 520 W. Main Street Oklahoma City, OK 73102
(A response card and envelope are provided for your convenience).
CF!E of Oklahoma City desires you to know that any extra funds left over will be used to help cover the rest of my expenses and help other short term missionaries who will be serving with me.
I am looking forward to serving the Lord this winter with this ministry! Thank you for considering being a prayer and financial partner with me as I serve with CF!E of Oklahoma City this winter!
Sincerely,
Shieldmaiden
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will definately be praying for you Kathryn! Count on it! I am so excited for this new opportunity GOd has opened up for you! :)
Christin
Post a Comment