This is going to be rather short. I have one more thing to add to my first drivers test list:
10 Endeavor not to bump over a curb… especially with both wheels.
Yes, sadly and MOST UPSETTINGLY I did not pass my second test simply because I bumped over a curb in the van… right from the start.
I was not nervous this time, however the examiner (he was a different one this time) seemed to be the nervous one.
He had to ‘end the simulation immediately’ after I bumped over the curb… with both tiers… grrrr.
“You either need more practice, or” he looks around at the rather large van “Or you need a different vehicle.” Then he gets out of the van walks into the building and tells my mother the same thing.
My mother is shocked.
“She never bumps over a curb. I am usually getting on to her to get closer to them.” Is what she says.
So anyway, we are both thinking that # three is a charmer and we are going to get the windshield fixed in the pickup (or borrow someone else’s) so that I can try the test in it.
We went to the ‘miniature city’ in the pickup the other day and I drove the whole time and did perfectly fine in it except that I forgot to look over my right shoulder when backing a few times, but that was it. There was a lot of traffic that day, but I still did fine. I am just way more comfortable in the pickup.
So I will eventually type again and tell you of my third try at trying to earn a little piece of plastic that says I can drive. Until then… pray for me and the dear examiners.
Yours truly,
Aggravated, upset, van unloving, not feeling sweet or Christ like right now,
SWEETPEA ( :
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment