A few tips for those of you who are soon going to be taking a drivers test and some comedy for those of you who have taken it…
1 When you get in the vehicle take three deep breaths; in, out, in, out, in, out.
2 When the examiner gets in the vehicle touch your mirrors and make sure they are adjusted correctly just for his benefit.
3 When you back up do not look through your mirrors but look over your right shoulder even if you are driving a van… grrrr.
4 If you should be asked to turn left onto a four lane road, please turn into the left lane not the right… bad habit.
5 At a stop light even if you have the right of way, look both ways just in case someone should run the red light; and be rather exaggerated about it just for the examiners benefit.
6 Be sure to study lots on the different ways of parking before you take your test so that you at least have some idea how to parallel park and please remember which way to turn your wheels when parking on a hill… ahem.
7 As I said earlier, look behind your right shoulder when backing no matter what… you may look behind your left for a moment, but not to long.
8 When turning please remember to hug the right turn and swing the left turn. Not hard.
9 And last but definitely not least, PLEASE, no matter how nervous you are, DO NOT run the stop sign… as I did… Ow that hurt.
If you are wondering if I am telling you out of experience, then the answer is yes.
My first drivers test, I turn into the right lane instead of the left on a four lane road (I have the parents to blame for that one though… hehe), I didn’t exaggerate my looking both ways for the examiner, so he took it that I didn’t look, I completely flunked the parallel parking, I forgot to turn my tiers when parking on a hill by a curb, I didn’t look behind my right shoulder when backing (course I couldn’t see a thing when backing in that big, clumsy van anyway) and last of all I ran a stop sign… Ow that hurt.
So these are some things for you to consider and hopefully remember in the future.
The examiner did not quite agree with the S.T.O.P. meaning that I gave him…
Slightly Tap On Pedal, but he took it very well!
Humbly yours,
Most aggravated Sweetpea
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment