Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Answer to the riddle and other ramblings


The answer to the riddle is- ding, ding, ding, ding! Teeth!
Yay! Hurray!
Ok. Mom is doing very well. She is spending most of her time in the recliner or bed, and she is getting sick of it, but otherwise she is doing very well. She put an update on her blog on how she is feeling so I encourage you to look it up. (down bellow)
The kids are all doing great: the baby is into everything (as usual), the boys fighting over everything (as usual), K.R. is a tyrant queen (as usual), and sis is always out with the animals (as usual)… so nothing new.
Me? Oh, I am as well as can be expected…I rebroke my right wrist and jammed it up, got my hand sliced up with a shovel and a 1 inch splinter up a finger (all on the same hand), I am very tired, my head hurts, any time I lie down flat anywhere, it feels like a sledge hammer has smashed down on my hips, I cant write in my book hardly at all on account I have to be on call, I am fixing three meals a day, keeping up with the kids, keeping the house clean and dishes done up…yup, I am doing as well as can be expected; not pulling my hair out or screaming and jumping up and down…I’m too tired for that, but anyway. I have been sleeping down stairs on the couch since mom got home so that I can be on call day or night and it is complete tortcher not being able to write in my book hardly at all…eeek! Tortcher I tell you! I mean, telling an author that she has to stop writing for a while is like taking the cigarettes away from a heavy smoker! Like I wanted to sit down and bawl and I was having extreme withdrawals within a few moments time! I only write a few pages a day, but just the thought was excruciating! Aaaaahhhh!
Ok…I had my whiney bit.
Well, I finally have got to see Prince Caspian and I have to say that I really liked it! They didn’t change anything, or really take away a lot, but they did add in quit a bit. They were trying to fit in some of the other books into it like: The Horse and His Boy, and The Last Battle which they are not going to make movies out of. It was way more exciting than the book or the old movie. They are really boring. And just for a certain person’s information (name is withheld, but whose initials are Twitterjax/Heather…) they were not that far away from the book, they often had word for word in the movie. I went back to the book and checked. They made it far more interesting; where as the old movie and the book are kind of a slow.
Anyway, it is not evil like that certain someone thinks so… ahem.
Another movie that is really neat that I have recently just seen is Pilgrims Progress Journey to Heaven. It is really good. Some of the creatures in it are kind of disturbing for little kids and those who have week constitutions, but they stayed close to the book, even though it went fast. I personally liked the monsters in it, though I was rather disappointed with Appolyon, the creature that Christian fights. I was hoping for something a little more…uhhh- well fearsome, ugly, large, strong, with wings and great big teeth and deep growling and- ya know that sorta thing. However they did a good job with Appolyon and it nearly scared L.E. out of the house. I am just used to things being a little more- creepy and scary; like Predator. That’s a long story, but Pilgrims Progress was done well, even though he kept loosing his armor throughout the whole thing until he had none left…
Shieldmaiden
P.S. There was one creature that really impressed me in Pilgrims Progress! You only see a brief moment of it, but it was what I was hoping Appolyon would be more like… SCARY! oh anyway.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn,
I am so sorry you are so exhausted. I will continue to pray for you.
I have to disagree with you on Prince Caspian. They DID change stuff, some examples are; they took out the whole part with Susan, Lucy and Aslan in the forests, and then the whole romance thing with Caspian and Susan was horrible, they also made Peter arrogant, haughty, and unwilling to wait for Aslan, they also they added in an emnity between Peter and Caspian. These guys are supposed to be like role models, or heroes in the books that you look up to. That is NOT what they are in the movie. And they made Aslan like a side character. He wasn't representing God very well at all. I do also disagree in what you said, "The movie is better than the book". SO many other people think that too because our culture is so addicted to romance and violence. Peaceful, but exciting alagories aren't good stories anymore unless they have people kissing that aren't married, or see people being killed. Sorry, I know this is long. This is something a have a strong opinion on. :) C.S. Lewis was a great writer that wrote books that are much better than movies that Adam Adamson can put together. Anyway. :) Sorry. :)
Your reply A/A letter is hopefully coming soon, I have been sick, and yours came at such a perfect time. Thank you. It was the encouragement I needed. :)
Christin

Anonymous said...

Sorry that was so long. I didn't realize it was. :(
Christin

Anonymous said...

Heather <~~~~ agrees with Christin. . . .Prince Caspian needs to die

Shieldmaiden said...

You guys are just crazy! I'm gonna post on this one!