Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Camp post..finally!

Hello one and all. Sorry that this has taken me a while, but we tore up carpet in our dining room which is where the computer is (therefore putting the computer off limits) and we had an aunt come and spend a week with us which we enjoyed immensely, but because of all these little interruptions, I could not find the time to sit down and post anything about my adventures at camp.
And just to let you know: we have been making cookies for the past few days, in spite of the heat, and I tell you, we are all now guilty of gluttony… Sigh… I feel guilty…and fat…
Now that I have confessed my sin and made you believe that others are guilty of the same (which they are, they just won’t admit it) we will now move on…
Well, now….about camp…It was awesome. That is about all I can say. It was awesome!
I think that my favorite thing about it was the God focus atmosphere without it being stuffy. It was a place where you could play and focus on God. I felt like a little kid while I was there just basking in God’s truth. It was awesome!!!!
My favorite time of day during camp was Devos or Devotions. That was the most awesome time of the day. It was so quiet during that time and so many things were made clear and impressed me harder than ever like: Jesus loved us so much that He died for us to have eternal life. We get to have God’s mercy, love and salvation. But, as if that wasn’t enough for the sinners that we are, God has given us the power that raised Jesus from the dead! Get it? We have that power in us! Seriously. I don’t know how I can express this, but we do have this power if only we believe and have faith, even if it is faith the size of a mustard seed. Now, I don’t know what you think about that, but I think that it is pretty freaking awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I don’t know how else to express it!
My next favorite time of day was swim time…but that was because I was usually sweating and ready for cold water by that time…
Next, I learned while I was there that I had the spiritual gift of Faith. Not many people have the gift of Faith, so the camp staff were surprised to find that a lot of the kids at camp had the gift of faith, which is really encouraging.
My seconds on gifts were teacher and evangelism.
Anyway, I learned that because I have the gift of Faith, I can literally change the world…that is only what my mother has been telling me for-um-years…but anyway, this just put it in a way that I could totally understand and it got me so excited. I had never thought that I could actually change the world! I am someone who wants to jump in and break down barriers and traditions. I am the one who wants people to get excited and get going for God and the great thing is: I am the one who can make it happen! That is so exciting!!!!
It was actually funny how we learned. See, they passed out these test papers for you to complete then they separated the different spiritual gift people into groups. Of course I was in the Faith group. When our teacher finished explaining to us our gift and what we were capable of, we felt like we had just been told that we had super powers. So we were rather silent a moment trying to figure out “Uh, ok- so what next? What am I supposed to do?” He then went on to explain different things that we could do and he began to encourage us in different ways and I could just feel the excitement build up in our group, even though we were still silent. By the end of it, when we had finished asking questions and discussing things, we were dismissed and I felt like jumping whooping and screaming for joy! I don’t know what it was, but I was so excited that I COULD make a change and do things for God.
Well…I don’t know if you think that is exciting, but it is to me! Why right now I feel like I could jump up and down and yell for excitement!!! I just wish that I could somehow explain this to you all better or somehow transfer my feelings through the computer to you! It is so exhilarating!!!
Besides that I had fun at the late night activities, and canteen (which is sugar up snack time after resting time) and I still have not decided if Four Square is a fun game or a losers game …and I liked worship…I didn’t like the OFF that everybody was spraying on themselves every evening. That set my asthma off…
…the OFF set my asthma off…hehe…never mind. Random thought.
Anyway, I had a very grand time at camp, but getting the feeling and what I learned into words is impossible. So sorry.
One thing is for sure: I am really looking forward to going next year!!!!
One other thing about it was this: When I first set out to go to it, I thought that it was going to be a “just fun and hang out camp” and I would probably learn nothing…Boy was I ever surprised! It was awesome. Completely and totally awesome and I feel so refreshed and renewed after coming back from it. It was great.
And well, guess what? I have run out of time. If you have got any questions or something I guess you know where to leave em.
I will hopefully post again soon and even perhaps give you an update on how my book is coming along!
Till then,
Shieldmaiden
God Bless you all!!!!
P.S.
We went to a Celtic Woman concert the other night!!! It was totally neato! But that is another post for another time…which I will hopefully post soon…
P.P.S.
And before camp something amazing happened...I finally past my driving test and I received a little plastic card with my mug shot on it that says I have the ability to drive now...Oh wow. But that was almost after I had a wreck with the examiner in the seat beside me and all that good stuff...
The end.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahh! I am so glad that you had such a great time at camp! :) I understand about the "not being able to put it into words" part. :) I sometimes can't do that either.
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy that you passed your Drivers Test!!!!! Yippeee!!!! Can't wait to see you all soon.
Christin

Anonymous said...

Camp sounds like it was great!

TOTALLY NOT FAIR THAT YOU GOT TO SEE CELTIC WOMAN!!! I SO want to see them! I have both cds!
Have fun driving! :)

BethAnn

Elizabeth said...

BSCSC was pretty amazing, huh! I went too! I wasn't able to go to our age group because of my graduation, but I went to the next week and it was great! I have more about it on my blog WHICH I FINALLY POSTED ON!!! Congrats on passing the drivers test!! You need to come down and show it off!
Elizabeth