Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My family in my eyes.


Ok. I’d like to introduce you to my family.

My dad is very laid back sort of person that works in the oil field and he and I can almost always understand each other. We have the same thought pattern, you see. I enjoy working with him and talking with him and trust his judgment…except maybe on horses. He hates horses and calls them ‘planet destroyers’ and calls dogs ‘ugly and stupid’ and cats ‘dragons’ or ‘liberals’ and cows ‘sweet and innocent’ and chickens ‘good and perfect’ and goats…well depends if they let him touch their ears or not. Of course he is just joking, but nothing has a real name; he gives it a weird, but simple name like ‘ugly’ ‘stupid’ ‘retarded’ ‘box o’ rocks’ things like that. He listens to Rush Limbaugh every day, likes computers, loves action packed movies and Beverly Hillbillies, and teasing my mom. Thankfully, he does allow us to have horses.

My mom is F.I.N.E. She really is, all the time. Freaked out, Insecure, Neurotic, and Emotional (though this is the way many mothers are in my observations. Not all, just many). Well, that may be a little exaggerate, but it’s close to true. She loves horses and children and cats and puppies and bunnies and, well, anything cute. She and I do not click well at all, but we both really try.
See, she looks at everything in life seriously and tensely, while I on the other hand, look at everything in life nonchalantly and coolly unless someone is dying.
She wants to help everyone in the world with their problems; I think that people need to pull up their big kid breaches and get on with life, and if they want help, they can ask for it.
She thinks about every little thing before taking one step; I never think unless I have to and when I do think I think deep, very deep. Like, I think about weird things, like walking. Have you ever thought about how you walk? Its miraculous I tell you! I thought about it so hard that I had to relearn myself how to walk. It almost scared me. That is how deep I think about things. The rest of the time I just walk on in life knowing that God will take care of me as long as I do my part and I can do my part without thinking much. So there!

My first youngest sister is a lot like my mom. She gets scared about everything that has to do with associating with human kind. She would rather spend her life outside with the animals then inside around humans, even her own family. She has to be tough about everything, but would rather avoid unnecessary pain or sickness.
Something about her and my mom, they DO NOT like to be sick. They would rather die than be sick. They even told me so. Me on the other hand; sickness only last so long, as doe’s pain. Get over it.
Maybe that is why I got so many spankings when I was little; I just had to do what I knew was not right even if I knew that I was going to get a spanking. Pain only last a little while, so why not take the risk. I mean, what’s the worst that could happen? They could kill me! Anyway.
My sister is very plain and simple. Jeans, shirt, belt, three knives on the belt, three knives in her pockets with her pocket watch, boots, one braid in the back of her head and she is set to go; she can out last anything- as long as she has her dog and horse and her other dog and her goat that has the most stinky breath in the world, then she is set to go…as long as it is not beyond our property line. She doesn’t want to be in the house with the family, but she does not feel secure away from the family… ok, to sum my sister up, she is just weird. Now we will move on to the next sibling.

The oldest boy in our family (unfortunately, my little brother) likes to dress sharp and handsome. He is a ‘charmer’ and is curios about everything… everything not really worth being curios about, in my opinion. He cannot see anything three feet past his nose, unless he REALLY wants to; even then I am not so sure that he sees it… He asks some of the most ridicules questions, like: ‘What would happen if you were as stupid as you looked?’ and ‘Why do people put on shoes?’ when he knows the answer to that one…well he should, but I don’t think that he does seeing as he had no shoes on after he met the snake, and got stickers in his feet, and stepped on a stick and cut his foot, etc. He might get that one from me though because I don’t wear shoes very often because my feet get hot fast.
He is smart in spite of all this, though he spends most of his school time in space flying around with Buz Lightyear to fight the Evil Emperor Zurg.
He complements everybody on every thing, especially if it is something pretty; he really has an eye for pretty things.

My next sister is another animal lover, but mostly a horse lover after mine own heart. She likes the skirts that mom makes for her, but does not like me to dress her up in princess clothes, just like my other sister mentioned above. I don’t know what they have against dressing up, but they got it, that’s for sure! ‘Hang dress up! Let’s go ride the horses and shoot armadillos!’ Though this is just my explanation of them; they are actually very quiet. Too quiet some times, but other times not quiet enough… they can be extreme jabber boxes when circumstances and the climate are just right.

My next brother is complete and total boy. John Deere tractors, John Deere stuff, cowboy boots and a .22 riffle and 100 miles per hour and if anything is in his way it is not going to exist any more when he’s done going by!
He talks as fast as he can and talks to everyone like they are three miles away and cannot hear him… it never occurs to him that they might be sitting right beside him and they might not be deaf yet.
He tries really hard to be gentle and he is so loving, but he is so big and rough!
He is a complete bull in a china closet and just like his brother above (maybe not quiet as bad) he is oblivious to everything except himself.

And finally my baby sister.
She is an Alberta Einstein in the making. She is only two years old and can talk very well and means everything that she says. Before she could even walk, she was putting puzzles together, building castles, matching colors and figuring out how to open things that we thought were ‘childproof’. She was walking earlier than any of the others in our household. She has all of her baby teeth, even her five year old molars at two years of age. She can understand just about everything you say as long as you put it in simple terms for her. She draws pictures and gets into things that she knows that you want and need and she stashes them where only she can fit and will later use them for something mischievous or she might give ‘em back if you ask really nice for them.


So now, this is my family… and I am not ashamed of them or embarrassed by them… in fact I think that I am more of an embarrassment to them… well at least to my mom and my first sister. They are pretty easy to embarrass when I am around!
We all love God as a family and even though we do not always get along, we are very happy together and I consider them all as my best friends next to Jesus.

Well, I hope that this has helped you to get to know my family better and know what I come from. I hope that you enjoyed it and maybe you got to know me a little better as well!

Sweetpea

P. S.

My family’s definition of the word ‘Family’:

Family in dad’s eyes: Eating popcorn together and watching Beverly Hillbillies.

Family in mom’s eyes: Sitting round the table having Bible study and telling us how to be better children to her.

Family in firstborns eyes: Normal firstborns; the ones who cramp my style- In this firstborn’s eyes; those who would not survive if I left them for very long.

Family in 2nd born eyes: Loving, crazy people that are fine to have as long as I am not around them.

Family in 3rd born eyes: Uuuuuh… what’s a family?

Family in 4th born eyes: Those who, love horses and those who do not.

Family in 5th born eyes: Deaf, in the way, and I don’t really care.

Family in 6th born eyes: My subjects here to serve me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is really adorable, and it really describes each of the members in your family well. :) Made me smile!
Hey, it works! I can comment on here!

Christin