Thursday, January 1, 2009

A gift or a nightmare?




I received a gift several nights ago, that was very, very well wrapped.
I tear off one wrapper, then another, then another, then another, until finally I tore off the last wrapper and found…A rubicks cube?
Oh, yeah! It was one of those things!
I politely said thank you, and instantly begin to try and solve the puzzle, because gift giver had so kindly messed it up before she wrapped it and when a puzzle is messed up, I absolutely HAVE to solve it!
An hour and a half later of fighting with the beast, I was considering taking my polite ‘thank you’ back!
I sat up until 1:50 in the morning fighting with that thing unitl mom brought me out of the spell that the evil thing was casting and I was not able to solve the puzzle that night!!! I went to bed and ended up dreaming about it all night long!
As you can imagine my misery in the morning; I felt like chunking the thing outside and leaving it there for the dogs, but soon as I picked it up, I found myself completely absorbed in it again.
My past hate for those things began to arise within me once again!
Finally, a day or two later of fighting with it, my sweet, sweet mother got on the internet and found some instructions on how to solve it.
I was sure that I would have it solved in no time at all…
Well, an hour later I was growling at the thing and about ready to blow fire and torch it along with the instructions and the instruction writer would have been glad that I did not know him!
My sweet, sweet mother asks for it to see if she could solve it, so I begrudgingly gave it up to her.
See, those thing are to me like what the ring of power was to Gollum… He hated and loved the ring; I hated and hated the cube, but never want anyone to touch it!!! Anyway.
Maybe 30 minuets later of working on the cube and building a web site, my mother solved the nasty thing. Extremly talented person to muti task in such a way...
Anyway, I cant say for sure how I felt…like overjoyed, but angry that I could not solve it…oh who cares?
Anyway, I took the cube and the instructions and put them in a secret hiding place upstairs so nobody would mess it up.
A few days later, while I am at work, mom calls and asks if she and sister #2 can play with my cube. I say no playfully.
Later when they come to pick me up from work, I find out something horrible…they bought more from Wal-Mart!!!
Heaven take me home!!! I can’t stand to look at those things anymore!!! Why me???
Well, to say the least, I have not really had to even look at the nasty things. Everybody else has been having fun solving them, which is fine with me! They can keep em!
I do intend one of these days to sit down and memorize the whole instructions so that I can solve it anywhere. I have got part of it already memorized, but I am not ready to memorize anymore until I have memorized plenty of scripture on patience and until I have had my fill of peace within myself!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, and more lol, they are frustrating, lol....
Love Granny J