She woke up from a nap this afternoon (an extremely rare thing) and I found out that she had not eaten lunch yet today (I have been out helping dad fix the septic system all day).
So I fixed her up a Sloppy Jo while she jabbers to me about a robot book that she has found fascinating, though I barely understood a word that she said other than “oh wow! Wooky here!” which of course is “oh wow! Looky here!”.
Her little eye caught sight of daddy’s chip bag and she pointed up at it and asked:
“Chps. Peez!”
So I put a pile of chips on her plate and told her it was ready.
“Hehe! Yay! Dank oo Rat!” She says as she runs over to her chair. (My name is Rat.)
I set the plate down and put her bib on and sat her in her seat. We say a prayer and she digs into the pile of chips.
I go to the fridge and pull out the jug of chocolate milk (complements of Mr. Ed our x- neighbor) and pour her a cup and loosen it up with some goats milk, then I commence to drinken the rest out of the jug.
She watched me drink from the jug intently as I helped her to eat her sloppy Sloppy Jo until she busted out laughing as she watched as I tried to catch the last few drops from the jug.
Dad needs me outside, so I ask her if she wants to go outside.
“Yes!! Outsi! Yay!”
So I help her to put on her socks and shoes and coat and hat, then commence to putt’in on my shoes. She promptly notices that I do not put on socks.
“Rat! Socks? Socks?”
“I don’t wear socks sweetheart.”
“Ooooh. Otay.”
We go outside and within a few seconds time I teach her to say:
“I love you.”
Which actually comes out:
“I- yeeovs- you.”
And she tells that to daddy.
She watches for a moment as I help dad in the muddy hole then she goes to beat up on brother #2 because he is sitting on HER seesaw.
Well, near dark, dad and I get to a stopping point and start to put things up in our red building.
She came over to me and dad when she heard us finishing sawing the last railroad tie to put in the hole tomorrow.
“Da, see? Pinks!” She tells daddy as she points at her face with her pink sunglasses on upside down.
“Do you have your sunglasses on?” Da exclaims enthusiastically.
“Yup.” She answers.
She helps dad and I put things up and has dad pull a certain chain to make the hibernating wasps all fall to the ground so that she can stomp on them.
I then need to drive the van round to the house, so I put her in the front seat and climb in.
Her little head had swollen a size larger since I put her in that seat only a few seconds before.
“Bid derl.” She tells me with those pink sunglasses half way on her nose. (big girl)
I drive the van around and she goes into hysterics as I start to play with the lights and broken radio. She thinks that I am hilarious.
Finally, sister #2 comes along and plays party pooper; so I shut the van off and walk round to the other side and opened the crinkled door and get her out.
I carry her into the house and help her to strip off her jacket and shoes and socks and hat, but she keeps the glasses.
We wash our hands and dry them and come into the dining room and she spys the bubbles on the table.
“Boes? Rat, boes?”
“Bubbles” I correct.
“Bubboohs” She says.
I tell her not right now and mom informs me that if I do that, I will not be her best friend anymore, so I come up with a plan and we stop at mom’s computer to look at one of her favorite things: dragon pictures. Bubbles are soon forgetten.
After the dragon pictures are over, she finds a couple of Lego dudes and wants me to play with her, but I was busy trying to type this down. Therefore, I used my greatest gift ever; the power of persuasion. I persuaded her to go play with the ‘duys’ brother #1, sister #3 and brother #2.
She plays a moment, but when I am completely absorbed in typing this out, she quietly sneaks over and steals the bubbles, takes them into another room, opens the lid, then takes the open jug to mom, who did not appreciate the task that baby wanted her to perform.
So, as always, older sister gets in trouble.
I take the bubbles and she starts to cry and follow me as I take them away.
I stop and blow ten bubbles for her and she is happy.
I put the bubbles up and explain to dad why his princess was crying, and then I start to walk back to the computer and catch her taking off with the sack of chips…
Here we go again!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
my baby sister almost drowned once, it was my fault cause I was the oldest and I got side tracked, if she had only played with bubbles! Little sis' grow up thank God!
Love Granny J
Post a Comment